ECoR orders probe into alleged torture by RPF at Cuttack
Bhubaneswar: East Coast Railway (ECoR) on Tuesday ordered a probe into alleged torture and illegal detention of two minor boys at Railway Protection Force (RPF) post in Cuttack.
The Inspector-General and Chief Security Commissioner of RPF of ECoR has advised Senior Commandant of Khurda Road Division RPF to submit a detailed report after thorough enquiry, a senior ECoR official said here.
A three-member fact-finding team headed by Assistant Commandant P K Mansingh and members Alok Kumar Jena and R K Narendra, has been constituted for the purpose, he said.
The three-member fact-finding team has already started the collection of facts and discussion with relevant witnesses in this case, sources said.
A deadline of January 14 has been fixed for submission of final enquiry report by the Sr Commandant to the Chief Security Commissioner.
The order was issued after a human rights activist with the help of District Child Protection Cell (DCPC) yesterday rescued two minor boys from the alleged illegal detention of RPF.
The minor boys were kept in RPF lockup for last eight days and were beaten up mercilessly, the FIR filed by the activist said. It also alleged that an RPF inspector too attacked some media persons and broke their cameras while they were covering the incident.
The boys were later handed over to their parents in Jobra locality of Cuttack, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown