ECoR`s arrangements for Rathyatra festival
Bhubaneswar: The East Coast Railway has made arrangements for the safety and convenience of passengers during the Rathyatra festival of Lord Jagannath to be held at Puri on Thursday.
Launching a special awareness campaign for passengers in overcrowded trains, ECoR urged them to avoid using footboard, buffers and rooftop for their journey.
Passengers have been requested not to accept food, soft drinks and drinking water from strangers. They are advised not to carry any inflammable items like gas cylinder, stoves, debris, cigarettes and matchbox, an ECoR official said today.
Passengers have also been requested not to touch suspicious unclaimed objects like tiffin box and baggage.
This apart, priority has been given to cleanliness of platforms, trains and station premises, safety and security of passengers during the festival. Provision of additional booking counters and special trains have also been arranged.
ECoR is running 62 special trains during Rath Yatra festival period to and from Puri from different destinations including Visakhapatnam and Palasa of Andhra Pradesh and Kharagpur in West Bengal apart from 180 regular trains, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers