Eight convicted in Kandhamal arson case
Orissa: A fast track court here on Saturday sentenced eight persons to three years of imprisonment for setting fire to houses belonging to minority community
people during the Kandhamal riot in 2008.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 1,000 on each of the convicts. The judgement was pronounced by judge S K Das while disposing of a case relating to arson at Megubali village in Daringbadi area.
Of the total 24 accused in the case, 16 were acquitted due to lack of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan