Eight convicted in Kandhamal arson case
Orissa: A fast track court here on Saturday sentenced eight persons to three years of imprisonment for setting fire to houses belonging to minority community
people during the Kandhamal riot in 2008.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 1,000 on each of the convicts. The judgement was pronounced by judge S K Das while disposing of a case relating to arson at Megubali village in Daringbadi area.
Of the total 24 accused in the case, 16 were acquitted due to lack of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble