Eight convicted in Kandhamal arson case
Orissa: A fast track court here on Saturday sentenced eight persons to three years of imprisonment for setting fire to houses belonging to minority community
people during the Kandhamal riot in 2008.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 1,000 on each of the convicts. The judgement was pronounced by judge S K Das while disposing of a case relating to arson at Megubali village in Daringbadi area.
Of the total 24 accused in the case, 16 were acquitted due to lack of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oops! Bella Hadid's revealing outfits stun glamour world – Watch
- This is the only temple where Lord Hanuman is worshipped in female form
- Alia Bhatt-Varun Dhawan reunite for 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'! See pic
- WATCH: What a statement! When PM Narendra Modi blasted al-Qaida - 'Indian Muslims will live for India, die for India'
- Indian Railways: Check out the list of new rules from July 1