Eight convicted in Kandhamal arson case
Orissa: A fast track court here on Saturday sentenced eight persons to three years of imprisonment for setting fire to houses belonging to minority community
people during the Kandhamal riot in 2008.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 1,000 on each of the convicts. The judgement was pronounced by judge S K Das while disposing of a case relating to arson at Megubali village in Daringbadi area.
Of the total 24 accused in the case, 16 were acquitted due to lack of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29