Eight convicted in Kandhamal arson case
Orissa: A fast track court here on Saturday sentenced eight persons to three years of imprisonment for setting fire to houses belonging to minority community
people during the Kandhamal riot in 2008.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 1,000 on each of the convicts. The judgement was pronounced by judge S K Das while disposing of a case relating to arson at Megubali village in Daringbadi area.
Of the total 24 accused in the case, 16 were acquitted due to lack of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’