Eight die due to lightning in different Odisha districts
Bhubaneswar: At least eight people, including three women and a school student, were killed after being struck by lightning in Odisha, police said today.
Two persons were killed yesterday due to lightning at Khajuridiha in Mayurbhanj district while two others died at Malimunda in Nuapada district, they said.
One person each died due to lightning in Tarbha block under Sonepur, Sinapalli and Boden blocks in Nuapada and Bangamunda under Bolangir districts yesterday, police said.
Different parts of Odisha have been experiencing lightning and thunder storm during this time every year causing death to humans and cattle, sources said.
The state government has formulated a policy for payment of compensation to the next of kin of the victims in the natural phenomenon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report