Eight die due to lightning in different Odisha districts
Bhubaneswar: At least eight people, including three women and a school student, were killed after being struck by lightning in Odisha, police said today.
Two persons were killed yesterday due to lightning at Khajuridiha in Mayurbhanj district while two others died at Malimunda in Nuapada district, they said.
One person each died due to lightning in Tarbha block under Sonepur, Sinapalli and Boden blocks in Nuapada and Bangamunda under Bolangir districts yesterday, police said.
Different parts of Odisha have been experiencing lightning and thunder storm during this time every year causing death to humans and cattle, sources said.
The state government has formulated a policy for payment of compensation to the next of kin of the victims in the natural phenomenon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok