Eight die due to lightning in different Odisha districts
Bhubaneswar: At least eight people, including three women and a school student, were killed after being struck by lightning in Odisha, police said today.
Two persons were killed yesterday due to lightning at Khajuridiha in Mayurbhanj district while two others died at Malimunda in Nuapada district, they said.
One person each died due to lightning in Tarbha block under Sonepur, Sinapalli and Boden blocks in Nuapada and Bangamunda under Bolangir districts yesterday, police said.
Different parts of Odisha have been experiencing lightning and thunder storm during this time every year causing death to humans and cattle, sources said.
The state government has formulated a policy for payment of compensation to the next of kin of the victims in the natural phenomenon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi