Eight die due to lightning in different Odisha districts
Bhubaneswar: At least eight people, including three women and a school student, were killed after being struck by lightning in Odisha, police said today.
Two persons were killed yesterday due to lightning at Khajuridiha in Mayurbhanj district while two others died at Malimunda in Nuapada district, they said.
One person each died due to lightning in Tarbha block under Sonepur, Sinapalli and Boden blocks in Nuapada and Bangamunda under Bolangir districts yesterday, police said.
Different parts of Odisha have been experiencing lightning and thunder storm during this time every year causing death to humans and cattle, sources said.
The state government has formulated a policy for payment of compensation to the next of kin of the victims in the natural phenomenon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers