Eight die in Odisha accident
Bhubaneswar: Eight people, including two children, returning from a wedding were killed when a vehicle carrying them rammed into a tree in Odisha`s Kalahandi district on Thursday, police said.
The accident occurred a few kilometres away from the district headquarter town of Bhabanipatna, about 430 km from state capital Bhubaneswar, at around 1 am, a police official told a news agency over phone.
The driver of the multi-utility vehicle, carrying 11 passengers, lost control of the vehicle while taking a sharp turn and collided with a tree.
Seven people died on the spot, while one died in a hospital.
The two children who died were aged 11 and 13.
Two people were critically injured. A 10-year-old boy had a miraculous escape.
The accident took place when they were returning from the wedding in a nearby village, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you