Eight die in Odisha accident
Bhubaneswar: Eight people, including two children, returning from a wedding were killed when a vehicle carrying them rammed into a tree in Odisha`s Kalahandi district on Thursday, police said.
The accident occurred a few kilometres away from the district headquarter town of Bhabanipatna, about 430 km from state capital Bhubaneswar, at around 1 am, a police official told a news agency over phone.
The driver of the multi-utility vehicle, carrying 11 passengers, lost control of the vehicle while taking a sharp turn and collided with a tree.
Seven people died on the spot, while one died in a hospital.
The two children who died were aged 11 and 13.
Two people were critically injured. A 10-year-old boy had a miraculous escape.
The accident took place when they were returning from the wedding in a nearby village, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack