Eight die in Odisha accident
Bhubaneswar: Eight people, including two children, returning from a wedding were killed when a vehicle carrying them rammed into a tree in Odisha`s Kalahandi district on Thursday, police said.
The accident occurred a few kilometres away from the district headquarter town of Bhabanipatna, about 430 km from state capital Bhubaneswar, at around 1 am, a police official told a news agency over phone.
The driver of the multi-utility vehicle, carrying 11 passengers, lost control of the vehicle while taking a sharp turn and collided with a tree.
Seven people died on the spot, while one died in a hospital.
The two children who died were aged 11 and 13.
Two people were critically injured. A 10-year-old boy had a miraculous escape.
The accident took place when they were returning from the wedding in a nearby village, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS