Eight die in Odisha accident
Bhubaneswar: Eight people, including two children, returning from a wedding were killed when a vehicle carrying them rammed into a tree in Odisha`s Kalahandi district on Thursday, police said.
The accident occurred a few kilometres away from the district headquarter town of Bhabanipatna, about 430 km from state capital Bhubaneswar, at around 1 am, a police official told a news agency over phone.
The driver of the multi-utility vehicle, carrying 11 passengers, lost control of the vehicle while taking a sharp turn and collided with a tree.
Seven people died on the spot, while one died in a hospital.
The two children who died were aged 11 and 13.
Two people were critically injured. A 10-year-old boy had a miraculous escape.
The accident took place when they were returning from the wedding in a nearby village, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- PM condoles death of Naga leader Isak Swu
- Photo alert! Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya’s pre-wedding shoot looks like a fairytale
- Watch: Tiger Shroff, alleged girlfriend Disha Patani's sizzling chemistry is unmissable in 'Befikra'!
- Three Naxals shot dead by security forces in Chhattisgarh
- Drug that helps addicts may benefit cancer patients too