Eight-year-old girl raped in Odisha
Kendrapara (Odisha): An eight-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a 45-year-old man in Odisha`s Kendrapara district, police said on Friday.
The accused, Santosh Rout, allegedly raped the girl last evening when she was carrying drinking water to her house at Balikana village in Rajnagar police station, Inspector of Rajnagar Police station, Mrutyunjay Samal, said.
The victim was 4th standard student of a government- run school in the village.
The accused was produced in the court of Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC) which remanded him in judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves