Elephant found with bullet injuries in Orissa village
Bhubaneswar: A female elephant was on Thursday
found with bullet injuries in her leg near Kumarbasta village,
nearly 30 kms from here, forest department officials said.
The pachyderm was allegedly fired at by locals last
night when a herd of elephants entered nearby human habitation
area after coming out of the Chakdaka Sanctuary, they said.
"The elephant has sustained three bullet injuries on
the back side of her left leg. We are taking steps for her
treatment," said G G Singh, Range officer of Khurda forest
The injured elephant was the eldest of the over 60
pachyderms in the Chandaka Elephant Sancuary here. Doctors
from the Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology
(OUAT) were asked to treat the animal, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'