Elephant found with bullet injuries in Orissa village
Bhubaneswar: A female elephant was on Thursday
found with bullet injuries in her leg near Kumarbasta village,
nearly 30 kms from here, forest department officials said.
The pachyderm was allegedly fired at by locals last
night when a herd of elephants entered nearby human habitation
area after coming out of the Chakdaka Sanctuary, they said.
"The elephant has sustained three bullet injuries on
the back side of her left leg. We are taking steps for her
treatment," said G G Singh, Range officer of Khurda forest
The injured elephant was the eldest of the over 60
pachyderms in the Chandaka Elephant Sancuary here. Doctors
from the Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology
(OUAT) were asked to treat the animal, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back