Elephant killed by goods train in Odisha
Keonjhar: An elephant was killed by a goods train while it was crossing railway tracks in the district Thursday, official sources said.
The female elephant which was part of a herd, was crossing the railway lines near Nilakantheswar railway station was killed when the Bhubaneswar-bound goods train hit her, the sources said.
Senior forest officials were at the spot, they said.
Train services were disrupted for some time as a result of the accident.
Earlier in December last year, five elephants were killed by a superfast passenger train near Subalaya in Ganjam district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?