Elephant killed by goods train in Odisha
Keonjhar: An elephant was killed by a goods train while it was crossing railway tracks in the district Thursday, official sources said.
The female elephant which was part of a herd, was crossing the railway lines near Nilakantheswar railway station was killed when the Bhubaneswar-bound goods train hit her, the sources said.
Senior forest officials were at the spot, they said.
Train services were disrupted for some time as a result of the accident.
Earlier in December last year, five elephants were killed by a superfast passenger train near Subalaya in Ganjam district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!