Elephant killed by goods train in Odisha
Keonjhar: An elephant was killed by a goods train while it was crossing railway tracks in the district Thursday, official sources said.
The female elephant which was part of a herd, was crossing the railway lines near Nilakantheswar railway station was killed when the Bhubaneswar-bound goods train hit her, the sources said.
Senior forest officials were at the spot, they said.
Train services were disrupted for some time as a result of the accident.
Earlier in December last year, five elephants were killed by a superfast passenger train near Subalaya in Ganjam district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian woman delivers world's heaviest baby in Karnataka
- Ajay Devgn in trouble? Complaint against actor over 'Shivaay' poster
- Apple explores charging stations for electric vehicles
- Bipasha Basu speaks about husband Karan Singh Grover’s previous marriages - Click here to read
- IPL 2016: Andre Russell's injury badly hurt Kolkata Knight Riders' chances of winning third title