Elephant killed by goods train in Odisha
Keonjhar: An elephant was killed by a goods train while it was crossing railway tracks in the district Thursday, official sources said.
The female elephant which was part of a herd, was crossing the railway lines near Nilakantheswar railway station was killed when the Bhubaneswar-bound goods train hit her, the sources said.
Senior forest officials were at the spot, they said.
Train services were disrupted for some time as a result of the accident.
Earlier in December last year, five elephants were killed by a superfast passenger train near Subalaya in Ganjam district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations