Eligibility test for school teachers held
Cuttack (Odisha): More than one lakh school teachers today appeared Odisha Teachers’ Eligibility Test (OTET) conducted by State Board of Secondary Education (BSE).
Board sources said at least 1,45,065 teachers had wished to take the one-day examination and accordingly 392 examination centers were set up across the State.
The OTET scheduled for two sittings on the day went off smoothly at all the designated centers and there was no untoward incident reported from any parts till evening, the Board President D P Nanda said adding that the district administrations, including the local police extended all help for the smooth conduct of the examination.
The eligibility test conducted for the teachers was held for the first time in the State as it was an essential eligibility criterion for any teacher under National Council for Teachers - Education. The State government had earlier decided to hold this test in July this year but it was deferred to this month following an order of Orissa High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley