English Medium Public Schools for tribal students in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government planned to set up English medium model public schools in three tribal dominated districts of Mayurbhanj, Keonjhar and Rayagada, officials said on Friday.
"The district collectors of the three districts have been asked to identify 10 acre for setting up the model residential public schools," ST and SC Development Secretary S Sarangi said today.
The collectors of these districts have been asked to reply the department on the land availability near the district headquarters by August 6, Sarangi said.
"As the proposed schools are residential in nature with student intake capacity of 700 students, 10 acre is required for creating a conducive learning environment and space for extra curricular activities," he said.
Each class would have student intake capacity of 100 in two sections. The schools would have classes from standard VI to standard XII, he added.
While one such school would come up at Baripada in Mayurbhanj district, similar facilities could also come up at the district headquarters of Keonjhar and Rayagada in the public-private-partnership mode, official sources said.
The private partners of the model schools would look after almost all, including faculty to management, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?