English Medium Public Schools for tribal students in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government planned to set up English medium model public schools in three tribal dominated districts of Mayurbhanj, Keonjhar and Rayagada, officials said on Friday.
"The district collectors of the three districts have been asked to identify 10 acre for setting up the model residential public schools," ST and SC Development Secretary S Sarangi said today.
The collectors of these districts have been asked to reply the department on the land availability near the district headquarters by August 6, Sarangi said.
"As the proposed schools are residential in nature with student intake capacity of 700 students, 10 acre is required for creating a conducive learning environment and space for extra curricular activities," he said.
Each class would have student intake capacity of 100 in two sections. The schools would have classes from standard VI to standard XII, he added.
While one such school would come up at Baripada in Mayurbhanj district, similar facilities could also come up at the district headquarters of Keonjhar and Rayagada in the public-private-partnership mode, official sources said.
The private partners of the model schools would look after almost all, including faculty to management, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'