English Medium Public Schools for tribal students in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government planned to set up English medium model public schools in three tribal dominated districts of Mayurbhanj, Keonjhar and Rayagada, officials said on Friday.
"The district collectors of the three districts have been asked to identify 10 acre for setting up the model residential public schools," ST and SC Development Secretary S Sarangi said today.
The collectors of these districts have been asked to reply the department on the land availability near the district headquarters by August 6, Sarangi said.
"As the proposed schools are residential in nature with student intake capacity of 700 students, 10 acre is required for creating a conducive learning environment and space for extra curricular activities," he said.
Each class would have student intake capacity of 100 in two sections. The schools would have classes from standard VI to standard XII, he added.
While one such school would come up at Baripada in Mayurbhanj district, similar facilities could also come up at the district headquarters of Keonjhar and Rayagada in the public-private-partnership mode, official sources said.
The private partners of the model schools would look after almost all, including faculty to management, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’