Enquiry into fatal candle light operation
Bhubaneswar: The death of a three-year
old girl during a surgery under candle and torch light due to
power failure at the biggest state-run hospital here prompted
an embarrassed Orissa government to order a high-level probe
into the incident today.
The child with grievous head injury was brought in to
the hospital by her daily wage labourer mother from Pipili,
about 25 km from here, on Friday night when there was no
electricity at the medical facility, hospital sources said.
In their bid to save the child, injured in a wall
collapse, doctors arranged some candles and torches to perform
the surgery. The generator was also not working due to unknown
Finally, the surgery was performed but the child died
at the operation table during stiching.
A high-level inquiry was ordered into the incident. A
two-member committee comprising a doctor and an administrative
officer would conduct the probe, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY