Enquiry into fatal candle light operation
Bhubaneswar: The death of a three-year
old girl during a surgery under candle and torch light due to
power failure at the biggest state-run hospital here prompted
an embarrassed Orissa government to order a high-level probe
into the incident today.
The child with grievous head injury was brought in to
the hospital by her daily wage labourer mother from Pipili,
about 25 km from here, on Friday night when there was no
electricity at the medical facility, hospital sources said.
In their bid to save the child, injured in a wall
collapse, doctors arranged some candles and torches to perform
the surgery. The generator was also not working due to unknown
Finally, the surgery was performed but the child died
at the operation table during stiching.
A high-level inquiry was ordered into the incident. A
two-member committee comprising a doctor and an administrative
officer would conduct the probe, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH