Enquiry into fatal candle light operation
Bhubaneswar: The death of a three-year
old girl during a surgery under candle and torch light due to
power failure at the biggest state-run hospital here prompted
an embarrassed Orissa government to order a high-level probe
into the incident today.
The child with grievous head injury was brought in to
the hospital by her daily wage labourer mother from Pipili,
about 25 km from here, on Friday night when there was no
electricity at the medical facility, hospital sources said.
In their bid to save the child, injured in a wall
collapse, doctors arranged some candles and torches to perform
the surgery. The generator was also not working due to unknown
Finally, the surgery was performed but the child died
at the operation table during stiching.
A high-level inquiry was ordered into the incident. A
two-member committee comprising a doctor and an administrative
officer would conduct the probe, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!