Ex Congress MP deposes before riot panel
Cuttack: Former Congress MP RK Naik,
against whom there are allegations of inciting communal riots
on Tuesday appeared before the Justice Basudev Panigrahi Commission
of inquiry which is probing the December, 2007 communal riots
in Odisha`s Kandhamal district.
At least two affidavits were filed before the
Commission alleging that the former Rajya Sabha MP, was
involved in conspiracy to spread hatred among people of
Denying having any role in the Kandhamal riots
of 2008, he said "For most part between 2004 and 08, I stayed
in New Delhi and have no role in the riots."
Naik, during cross examination denied that he was a
Christian and claimed that he was a dalit Hindu and
had never converted.
He said disclosed that his wife was a Christian and
their marriage was solemnized in 1960 in a church at Sambalpur
under Christian customs.
He stated that his two daughters married Christians
while his son has married a Russian girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan