Ex Congress MP deposes before riot panel
Cuttack: Former Congress MP RK Naik,
against whom there are allegations of inciting communal riots
on Tuesday appeared before the Justice Basudev Panigrahi Commission
of inquiry which is probing the December, 2007 communal riots
in Odisha`s Kandhamal district.
At least two affidavits were filed before the
Commission alleging that the former Rajya Sabha MP, was
involved in conspiracy to spread hatred among people of
Denying having any role in the Kandhamal riots
of 2008, he said "For most part between 2004 and 08, I stayed
in New Delhi and have no role in the riots."
Naik, during cross examination denied that he was a
Christian and claimed that he was a dalit Hindu and
had never converted.
He said disclosed that his wife was a Christian and
their marriage was solemnized in 1960 in a church at Sambalpur
under Christian customs.
He stated that his two daughters married Christians
while his son has married a Russian girl.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on