Ex-trooper held for firing at villagers, 10 hurt
Bhubaneswar: A retired Border Security Force (BSF) trooper and his associate were arrested on Thursday for firing at villagers in Orissa`s Kendrapada district that injured at least 10 people.
Madan Mohan Behera, who lives in Baratunga village, about 115 km from here, allegedly opened fire Wednesday evening after some residents objected to the construction work he carried out on a government land.
Of the 10, some have been critically injured, district Superintendent of Police Narasingh Bhol told a news agency.
The villagers, who received gunshot injuries, including on hands and legs, were undergoing treatment at a local hospital. Police force was deployed in the village to prevent further trouble, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan