Ex-trooper held for firing at villagers, 10 hurt
Bhubaneswar: A retired Border Security Force (BSF) trooper and his associate were arrested on Thursday for firing at villagers in Orissa`s Kendrapada district that injured at least 10 people.
Madan Mohan Behera, who lives in Baratunga village, about 115 km from here, allegedly opened fire Wednesday evening after some residents objected to the construction work he carried out on a government land.
Of the 10, some have been critically injured, district Superintendent of Police Narasingh Bhol told a news agency.
The villagers, who received gunshot injuries, including on hands and legs, were undergoing treatment at a local hospital. Police force was deployed in the village to prevent further trouble, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble