Ex-trooper held for firing at villagers, 10 hurt
Bhubaneswar: A retired Border Security Force (BSF) trooper and his associate were arrested on Thursday for firing at villagers in Orissa`s Kendrapada district that injured at least 10 people.
Madan Mohan Behera, who lives in Baratunga village, about 115 km from here, allegedly opened fire Wednesday evening after some residents objected to the construction work he carried out on a government land.
Of the 10, some have been critically injured, district Superintendent of Police Narasingh Bhol told a news agency.
The villagers, who received gunshot injuries, including on hands and legs, were undergoing treatment at a local hospital. Police force was deployed in the village to prevent further trouble, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie