Excise superintendent injured in mob attack
Berhampur: An excise official was
seriously injured when a mob attacked a joint team of excise
and police personnel on their return journey after conducting
raids on illegal liquor manufacturing units in Khallikote area
of Ganjam district on Wednesday.
Excise Superintendent B N Dhal sustained head injuries
when his vehicle was attacked with iron rods and stones by the
mob at Sourapalli, police said.
He was admitted to the MKCG Medical College and Hospital
here, police said adding that a police jeep was also damaged.
During raids, huge quantities of country-made liquor
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress