Explosives seized in Odisha
Koraput: BSF personnel engaged in anti-Maoist operation in Odisha`s Koraput district have seized explosives, police said here Tuesday.
The seizures including three landmines, two tiffin bombs, a country-made gun and about 40 metres of wire were spotted yesterday by a team of personnel in Musulmunda forests in Narayanpatna police station, Superintendent of Police, Avinash Kumar said.
The explosives were dumped by the ultras at a place in the forest in half-prepared condition apparently for future use by connecting them wires, he said.
Combing operation in the area had been intensified after the seizures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...