Explosives seized in Odisha
Koraput: BSF personnel engaged in anti-Maoist operation in Odisha`s Koraput district have seized explosives, police said here Tuesday.
The seizures including three landmines, two tiffin bombs, a country-made gun and about 40 metres of wire were spotted yesterday by a team of personnel in Musulmunda forests in Narayanpatna police station, Superintendent of Police, Avinash Kumar said.
The explosives were dumped by the ultras at a place in the forest in half-prepared condition apparently for future use by connecting them wires, he said.
Combing operation in the area had been intensified after the seizures.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference