Explosives stocked by Maoists seized
Malkangiri (Odisha): A huge quantity of explosives stocked by Maoists apparently to disturb the panchayat election process was seized by security personnel in Odisha`s Malkangiri district today.
Acting on a tip-off, a team comprising BSF and Odisha`s SOG jawans conducted a combing operation in Tekguda forest in Kalimela area and located the Naxal hideout where the explosives and other materials were kept.
During the search, the securitymen recovered 12 electronic detonators, seven gelatine sticks, more than 30 metres of codex wire and electric wires used in landmine blast, police said.
Maoist literature, posters, banners and leaflets were also recovered from the spot but there was no sight of any ultra who was believed to have fled well in time after coming to know about the imminent raid, police said.
Combing operation and patrolling had been intensified in sensitive and vulnerable areas of the Naxal--hit district in order to prevent any major incident in the run up to the panchayat polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends