Explosives stocked by Maoists seized
Malkangiri (Odisha): A huge quantity of explosives stocked by Maoists apparently to disturb the panchayat election process was seized by security personnel in Odisha`s Malkangiri district today.
Acting on a tip-off, a team comprising BSF and Odisha`s SOG jawans conducted a combing operation in Tekguda forest in Kalimela area and located the Naxal hideout where the explosives and other materials were kept.
During the search, the securitymen recovered 12 electronic detonators, seven gelatine sticks, more than 30 metres of codex wire and electric wires used in landmine blast, police said.
Maoist literature, posters, banners and leaflets were also recovered from the spot but there was no sight of any ultra who was believed to have fled well in time after coming to know about the imminent raid, police said.
Combing operation and patrolling had been intensified in sensitive and vulnerable areas of the Naxal--hit district in order to prevent any major incident in the run up to the panchayat polls.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals