Explosives stocked by Maoists seized
Malkangiri (Odisha): A huge quantity of explosives stocked by Maoists apparently to disturb the panchayat election process was seized by security personnel in Odisha`s Malkangiri district today.
Acting on a tip-off, a team comprising BSF and Odisha`s SOG jawans conducted a combing operation in Tekguda forest in Kalimela area and located the Naxal hideout where the explosives and other materials were kept.
During the search, the securitymen recovered 12 electronic detonators, seven gelatine sticks, more than 30 metres of codex wire and electric wires used in landmine blast, police said.
Maoist literature, posters, banners and leaflets were also recovered from the spot but there was no sight of any ultra who was believed to have fled well in time after coming to know about the imminent raid, police said.
Combing operation and patrolling had been intensified in sensitive and vulnerable areas of the Naxal--hit district in order to prevent any major incident in the run up to the panchayat polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP