Explosives stockpiled by Maoists seized
Koraput: Huge quantities of explosives stocked by Maoists were recovered by security force personnel during combing operation from a forest in Koraput district, police said on Sunday.
At least 282 gelatine sticks each weighing 125 grams,
10 bundles of live wires, 28 tiffin boxes used to pack
landmines and other Maoist belongings were recovered from a
forest in Machkund area last evening, they said.
“The explosives were dumped inside the forest in a
plastic drum. Security personnel chanced upon the dumped
explosives and recovered it," Koraput Superintendent of
Police Avinash Kumar said.
As no one was present at the spot, no arrest has been
made. The Maoists had dumped the explosives for their future
use, he said.
"The Maoists had probably stocked the explosive
materials for use during the ensuing panchayat elections
in the state to disrupt the process," Kumar added.
Combing operation and patrolling has been intensified
in the area after the seizure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America