Explosives stockpiled by Maoists seized
Koraput: Huge quantities of explosives stocked by Maoists were recovered by security force personnel during combing operation from a forest in Koraput district, police said on Sunday.
At least 282 gelatine sticks each weighing 125 grams,
10 bundles of live wires, 28 tiffin boxes used to pack
landmines and other Maoist belongings were recovered from a
forest in Machkund area last evening, they said.
“The explosives were dumped inside the forest in a
plastic drum. Security personnel chanced upon the dumped
explosives and recovered it," Koraput Superintendent of
Police Avinash Kumar said.
As no one was present at the spot, no arrest has been
made. The Maoists had dumped the explosives for their future
use, he said.
"The Maoists had probably stocked the explosive
materials for use during the ensuing panchayat elections
in the state to disrupt the process," Kumar added.
Combing operation and patrolling has been intensified
in the area after the seizure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers