Factionalism among Maoists comes to the fore
Berhampur: Serious factionalism among Maoists has came to the fore with a rebel CPI(Maoist) rebel venting his anger against Telugu and Chhattisgarh cadres.
They (Telugu and Chhatisgarh Maoists) torture Odia cadres. They give poor food, torn uniforms and damaged shoes to Odia cadres, said Nikhil, spokesman of Vansadhara Division Committee (VDC) of CPI(Maoist) in letters to the local media.
He alleged that Telugu and Chhattisgarh cadres had killed an Odia Maoist called Rabi about two months ago in the forest near Kerubadi in Kandhamal district when he opposed the discrimination.
Tribals living in forests were disturbed by the Telugu and Chhatisgarh cadres, Nikhil alleged in the letter. He appealed to the tribals not to provide shelter or food to Maoists from Andhra Pradesh and Chhattisgarh when they visit the villages.
Maoists who were arrested by the police or had surrendered had also narrated the plight of the Odia cadres in the rebel camps with the influx of those from Andhra Pradesh and Chhattisgarh.
It was one of the reasons why Odia women cadres decided to leave the Maoist organisation and surrendered before the police, several of them told the police.
Intelligence agencies have confirmed the presence of Telugu and Chhattisgarh cadres in Maoists camps in Kandhamal, Gajapati, Ganjam and Rayagada districts, police said.
When asked a senior police officer said ?We had received information about division among Maoists on Odia and non-Odia line from various sources - mostly rebels and militia members of the left wing ultras, who had surrendered or were arrested recently. The letter has corroborated it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Piers Morgan pokes fun at India's performance in Rio: Here's how Virender Sehwag SHUT him down
- Raj Thackeray defies SC order, MNS ties Dahi-Handi at 49 feet in Thane
- Fashion for me is feeling glamorous, confident: Shraddha Kapoor
- Jio does Apple, people throng Reliance Stores for free 4G test SIM
- SHOCKING: DySP forces women trainees to mention their period dates, makes fun of pregnant cadet