Fate of IAS contemnors hangs in balance
Cuttack: A division bench of Orissa High Court headed by Chief Justice V Gopala Gowda has reserved its verdict after completing hearing on framing charges in contempt of court cases initiated against two senior IAS officers of the state.
The two contemnors - Odisha Rural Development secretary S N Tripathy and former Women and Child Development secretary Arati Ahuja - have tendered unconditional apology to the court for disobeying the court orders earlier with regard to an affidavit pertaining to drinking water facilities in Anganwadi centers.”
The two IAS officers earlier admitting guilt had urged the HC to drop the contempt charges levelled against them.
After completion of hearing the bench yesterday reserved its verdict on framing of charges against the duo.
Arising out of ‘dal scam’, where it was alleged that inferior quality of pulses were supplied in Anganwadi centers’ mid-day meal scheme, the High Court last year had ordered the state government to ensure that proper drinking water facilities were made available in all the 9543 Anganwadi centers by June 30, 2011.
While the government miserably failed in meeting the deadline, the two IAS officers in their capacities as secretary had given prevaricated statements on the issue to the High Court. Upon filing of a contempt petition by the PIL petitioner, the HC on December 5, 2011 had initiated contempt proceedings against the two officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical