Father-son get life term on murder charges in Cuttack
Cuttack: A father and son have been sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court after being convicted on murder charges.
Cuttack District and Sessions court judge Gyanaranjan Purohit yesterday held Dillip Mohanty (56) and his son Debashis Mohanty (26) guilty of murdering Marya Ranjan Parida on August 18, 2012.
The victim and the convicts were of the same locality and had previous enmity.
The police had booked the duo under sections 302 (punishment for murder) and 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention) of the IPC, after arresting them on the night of the incident itself and had recovered the weapon of offence.
Altogether 16 prosecution witnesses were examined by the judge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them