Father-son get life term on murder charges in Cuttack
Cuttack: A father and son have been sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court after being convicted on murder charges.
Cuttack District and Sessions court judge Gyanaranjan Purohit yesterday held Dillip Mohanty (56) and his son Debashis Mohanty (26) guilty of murdering Marya Ranjan Parida on August 18, 2012.
The victim and the convicts were of the same locality and had previous enmity.
The police had booked the duo under sections 302 (punishment for murder) and 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention) of the IPC, after arresting them on the night of the incident itself and had recovered the weapon of offence.
Altogether 16 prosecution witnesses were examined by the judge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa