Fifty new dengue cases in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Authorities Tuesday confirmed 50 new cases of dengue in Odisha.
The total number of people suffering from the mosquito-borne disease in the state has gone up to 318 this year.
While the maximum 35 cases have been reported from Cuttack, 26 km from the state capital Bhubaneswar, nine cases have been found in Khordha district, an official at the state health control room said.
The remaining cases are from the districts of Angul, Keonjhar, Nayagarh and Puri. No death due to dengue has been reported in the state, he pointed out.
The disease has affected Cuttack district most as 222 people, including the latest 35 patients, have tested positive, he said.
As many as 90 patients are undergoing treatment at the Sriram Chandra Bhanja (SCB) Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack. Of them, two are in the intensive care unit, he said.
The state government has set up special dengue wards, one each at Capital Hospital in Bhubaneswar and at the SCB in Cuttack, to treat the patients.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- CBSE class 10 results 2016 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class X Results, CBSE Class 10th X Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 PM
- 'Third Front' leaders attend Mamata Banerjee's swearing-in as West Bengal CM; 42 ministers take oath
- Panasonic launches 4G VoLTE smartphone Eluga A2 at Rs 9,490
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis reach 3rd round in French Open
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd Test: Alastair Cook misses out but pressure on visitors