FIR against CRPF jawans in Orissa
Rourkela: An FIR was registered
on Wednesday against six Central Reserved Police Force (CRPF) jawans
posted here for allegedly attacking and beating shopkeepers of
a market in the steel city, Additional Superintendent Police
Rama Panda said.
The market was closed yesterday to protest the alleged
CRPF attack and demand action against the jawans, shopkeepers
After filing FIR with officers of Sector 19 police
station, the business delegation met the superintendent of
police D Patnaik who assured them of taking action against the
Two CRPF jawans had a quarrel with a shop keeper over
the prescribed rate while purchasing "pan masala" on Monday
night, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Cancer: Early warning signs you shouldn't ignore!