FIR against CRPF jawans in Orissa
Rourkela: An FIR was registered
on Wednesday against six Central Reserved Police Force (CRPF) jawans
posted here for allegedly attacking and beating shopkeepers of
a market in the steel city, Additional Superintendent Police
Rama Panda said.
The market was closed yesterday to protest the alleged
CRPF attack and demand action against the jawans, shopkeepers
After filing FIR with officers of Sector 19 police
station, the business delegation met the superintendent of
police D Patnaik who assured them of taking action against the
Two CRPF jawans had a quarrel with a shop keeper over
the prescribed rate while purchasing "pan masala" on Monday
night, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'