Paradip (Odisha): A major fire broke out at an electrical sub-station inside the premises of Essar Steel plant here today, police said.
Though the exact cause of the fire at the MRS sub-station was yet to be ascertained, it was suspected to have erupted due to short circuit, said P K Gupta, Head of the company`s Paradip complex.
Eight fire tenders fought for nearly three hours to control the fire, Gupta said, adding that a 220 KV sub-station had been damaged in the incident.
The fire brigade personnel said they suspect storage of a huge quantity of transformer oil in the sub-station building could have fuelled the fire.
Two persons including a fire brigade personnel have sustained minor burn injuries in the fire, police said.