Fire at Essar plant in Odisha
Paradip (Odisha): A major fire broke out at an electrical sub-station inside the premises of Essar Steel plant here today, police said.
Though the exact cause of the fire at the MRS sub-station was yet to be ascertained, it was suspected to have erupted due to short circuit, said P K Gupta, Head of the company`s Paradip complex.
Eight fire tenders fought for nearly three hours to control the fire, Gupta said, adding that a 220 KV sub-station had been damaged in the incident.
The fire brigade personnel said they suspect storage of a huge quantity of transformer oil in the sub-station building could have fuelled the fire.
Two persons including a fire brigade personnel have sustained minor burn injuries in the fire, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about