Fire at Essar plant in Odisha
Paradip (Odisha): A major fire broke out at an electrical sub-station inside the premises of Essar Steel plant here today, police said.
Though the exact cause of the fire at the MRS sub-station was yet to be ascertained, it was suspected to have erupted due to short circuit, said P K Gupta, Head of the company`s Paradip complex.
Eight fire tenders fought for nearly three hours to control the fire, Gupta said, adding that a 220 KV sub-station had been damaged in the incident.
The fire brigade personnel said they suspect storage of a huge quantity of transformer oil in the sub-station building could have fuelled the fire.
Two persons including a fire brigade personnel have sustained minor burn injuries in the fire, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing