Fire at Essar plant in Odisha
Paradip (Odisha): A major fire broke out at an electrical sub-station inside the premises of Essar Steel plant here today, police said.
Though the exact cause of the fire at the MRS sub-station was yet to be ascertained, it was suspected to have erupted due to short circuit, said P K Gupta, Head of the company`s Paradip complex.
Eight fire tenders fought for nearly three hours to control the fire, Gupta said, adding that a 220 KV sub-station had been damaged in the incident.
The fire brigade personnel said they suspect storage of a huge quantity of transformer oil in the sub-station building could have fuelled the fire.
Two persons including a fire brigade personnel have sustained minor burn injuries in the fire, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional