Fire in burn unit of SCB hospital in Cuttack
Cuttack: At least 20 patients in the plastic surgery unit of SCB Medical College and Hospital here escaped unhurt when a fire broke out inside a cabin of the unit, officials said on Monday.
The patients of the two adjacent wards were evacuated immediately by two senior resident doctors present in the unit at the time of the incident last evening with the help of security guards.
No one was hurt in the fire though properties including furniture and equipment were damaged,
the sources said.
While the exact cause behind the fire is yet to be ascertained, it is believed that it broke out due to a short circuit in the AC in the cabin and soon the two adjacent male and female wards were filled with smoke, sources said.
The response teams, including the fire brigade personnel rushed to the spot to ensure that the wards became functional and the patients sent back soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Inspiring! Poverty-stricken Bihar siblings beat all odds to crack IIT-JEE
- 7th Pay Commission: Know at a glance, see this informative chart
- Complete list of athletes representing India at 2016 Rio Olympics
- Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump by 11 points in US presidential race
- Pakistan strongly condemns terrorist attack at Istanbul airport