Fire in Coromandel Express
Bhubaneswar: A fire broke out in a general
compartment of Chennai-Howrah Coromandel Express near Lingaraj Station here Friday but the flames were extinguished before they could spread.
The fire was spotted in the coach, second from the
engine, when the superfast express train was proceeding
towards Bhubaneswar main station, a spokesman of East Coast
Railway (ECoR) said.
No injury was caused to anyone as the fire brigade was
called in immediately and the fire was controlled in 15-20
"All those on board the superfast train are safe. Prompt
steps prevented the fire from spreading," he said.
The affected compartment was detached at Bhubaneswar
Station as a precautionary measure and the train proceeded to
its destination, the spokesman said.
Preliminary information indicated that the fire might
have erupted due to carelessness of some traveller and an
inquiry has been ordered into the incident, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi