Fire in Coromandel Express
Bhubaneswar: A fire broke out in a general
compartment of Chennai-Howrah Coromandel Express near Lingaraj Station here Friday but the flames were extinguished before they could spread.
The fire was spotted in the coach, second from the
engine, when the superfast express train was proceeding
towards Bhubaneswar main station, a spokesman of East Coast
Railway (ECoR) said.
No injury was caused to anyone as the fire brigade was
called in immediately and the fire was controlled in 15-20
"All those on board the superfast train are safe. Prompt
steps prevented the fire from spreading," he said.
The affected compartment was detached at Bhubaneswar
Station as a precautionary measure and the train proceeded to
its destination, the spokesman said.
Preliminary information indicated that the fire might
have erupted due to carelessness of some traveller and an
inquiry has been ordered into the incident, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Up close and personal – Get to know Sonam Kapoor better: Here's how
- Windows 10 gets new Facebook, Messenger apps
- Digvijay Singh's youngest daughter succumbs to cancer
- World Bank is looking ways to use Aadhar experience'
- This young maid wanted to do anything to 'please' her boss: Watch video to know what happened