Fisherman drown in sea, another missing due to high tidal wave
Berhampur: A fisherman drowned while another went missing in the sea when their fishing boat capsized due to high-tidal wave in the Bay of Bengal near Gopalpur in Ganjam district on Sunday, police said.
Local fishermen and personnel of Odisha Disaster Rapid Action Force (ODRAF) were pressed for rescue operation of the missing person, they said.
At least seven fishermen had ventured into the sea for fishing early in the morning on a wooden boat. The boat got damaged due to high-tidal wave.
While five fishermen in the boat managed to swim ashore, others in the sea recovered the body of the deceased from the sea, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach