Fisherman drown in sea, another missing due to high tidal wave
Berhampur: A fisherman drowned while another went missing in the sea when their fishing boat capsized due to high-tidal wave in the Bay of Bengal near Gopalpur in Ganjam district on Sunday, police said.
Local fishermen and personnel of Odisha Disaster Rapid Action Force (ODRAF) were pressed for rescue operation of the missing person, they said.
At least seven fishermen had ventured into the sea for fishing early in the morning on a wooden boat. The boat got damaged due to high-tidal wave.
While five fishermen in the boat managed to swim ashore, others in the sea recovered the body of the deceased from the sea, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’