Fishermen alerted in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Wednesday advised fishermen to remain cautious while venturing into the sea as a depression has formed over the Bay of Bengal.
"A depression has formed over Southwest and adjoining Southeast Bay of Bengal. It has moved westwards and lay centred about 870 km south of Gopalpur in Ganjam district," an official of the Bhubaneswar meteorological centre said.
The system would intensify into a deep depression and cross north Tamil Nadu coast between Nagapattinam and Chennai by Friday night or Saturday morning, he said.
Although it would have no significant impact on Odisha, fishermen have been advised to remain cautious while venturing into the sea, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly