Fishermen alerted in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Wednesday advised fishermen to remain cautious while venturing into the sea as a depression has formed over the Bay of Bengal.
"A depression has formed over Southwest and adjoining Southeast Bay of Bengal. It has moved westwards and lay centred about 870 km south of Gopalpur in Ganjam district," an official of the Bhubaneswar meteorological centre said.
The system would intensify into a deep depression and cross north Tamil Nadu coast between Nagapattinam and Chennai by Friday night or Saturday morning, he said.
Although it would have no significant impact on Odisha, fishermen have been advised to remain cautious while venturing into the sea, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months