Fishermen alerted in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Wednesday advised fishermen to remain cautious while venturing into the sea as a depression has formed over the Bay of Bengal.
"A depression has formed over Southwest and adjoining Southeast Bay of Bengal. It has moved westwards and lay centred about 870 km south of Gopalpur in Ganjam district," an official of the Bhubaneswar meteorological centre said.
The system would intensify into a deep depression and cross north Tamil Nadu coast between Nagapattinam and Chennai by Friday night or Saturday morning, he said.
Although it would have no significant impact on Odisha, fishermen have been advised to remain cautious while venturing into the sea, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- Narsingh Yadav would have won the silver, claims WFI official
- PM Modi, Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states on Saturday
- AAP removes Punjab chief for alleged corruption
- Clinton says emails, foundation ties not a threat to her White House bid
- From Olympic glory to jail: Oscar Pistorius' bid to challenge six-year jail term fails