Fishermen alerted in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Wednesday advised fishermen to remain cautious while venturing into the sea as a depression has formed over the Bay of Bengal.
"A depression has formed over Southwest and adjoining Southeast Bay of Bengal. It has moved westwards and lay centred about 870 km south of Gopalpur in Ganjam district," an official of the Bhubaneswar meteorological centre said.
The system would intensify into a deep depression and cross north Tamil Nadu coast between Nagapattinam and Chennai by Friday night or Saturday morning, he said.
Although it would have no significant impact on Odisha, fishermen have been advised to remain cautious while venturing into the sea, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city