Five acquitted in Kandhamal riot case
Phulbani: Five persons were Wednesday acquitted by a local court here for lack of evidence against them in a house burning case during 2008 communal riots in Kandhamal in Odisha.
Rajendra Kumar Tosh Additional District judge of Phulbani acquitted the five while disposing a case of house burning at Penela village in G Udayagiri police station on August 27, 2008 during Kandhmal riot.
The acquitted persons were Suranjan Mallick, Janaka Pradhan, Sibaram Mallick, Nakula Pradhan and Ganapati Pradhan.
They were arrested and charge sheeted by police officers of G Udayagiri police station.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan