Five acquitted in Kandhamal riot case
Phulbani: Five persons were Wednesday acquitted by a local court here for lack of evidence against them in a house burning case during 2008 communal riots in Kandhamal in Odisha.
Rajendra Kumar Tosh Additional District judge of Phulbani acquitted the five while disposing a case of house burning at Penela village in G Udayagiri police station on August 27, 2008 during Kandhmal riot.
The acquitted persons were Suranjan Mallick, Janaka Pradhan, Sibaram Mallick, Nakula Pradhan and Ganapati Pradhan.
They were arrested and charge sheeted by police officers of G Udayagiri police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown