Five acquitted in Kandhamal riot case
Phulbani: Five persons were Wednesday acquitted by a local court here for lack of evidence against them in a house burning case during 2008 communal riots in Kandhamal in Odisha.
Rajendra Kumar Tosh Additional District judge of Phulbani acquitted the five while disposing a case of house burning at Penela village in G Udayagiri police station on August 27, 2008 during Kandhmal riot.
The acquitted persons were Suranjan Mallick, Janaka Pradhan, Sibaram Mallick, Nakula Pradhan and Ganapati Pradhan.
They were arrested and charge sheeted by police officers of G Udayagiri police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre