Five arrested with brown sugar in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Four engineering students and another man have been arrested in Odisha with brown sugar or pure heroin worth over Rs 80,000 in the international market, police said here on Thursday.
A joint team of the Railway Protection Force and the state excise department Wednesday recovered eight grams of brown sugar in 119 packets from a group, including four students and an employee of a private company, at the Balasore railway station, around 215 km from here.
Investigation is on to find out whether those arrested were drug addicts or linked to some gang, excise sub-inspector AK Behera told a news agency.
The students are from various private engineering colleges in the state capital Bhubaneswar, Behera said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader