Five Bangladeshis sentenced to 5-year imprisonment
Balasore (Odisha): Five Bangladeshi nationals were sentenced by a fast track court here to five years rigorous imprisonment for non-possession of visa.
Additional Session Judge (Fast Track), RK Sahoo, while convicting the Bangladeshis yesterday also imposed a penalty of Rs 1,000 each for commission of the offence in 2007.
In the event of failure to pay the penalty amount, the foreign nationals would have to undergo additional jail term of three months.
The convicts are Arif Khan (26), Paus Khan (25), Md Abul Basar Mulla (31), Md Asadul Mulla (25) and Sk Zahir (24).
The five had been arrested by Industrial police of Balasore on the charge of committing a dacoity and not possessing visa in May 2007.
While the five were punished for non-possession of visa, the court acquitted them from charges of dacoity due to lack of sufficient evidences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi