Five Bangladeshis sentenced to 5-year imprisonment
Balasore (Odisha): Five Bangladeshi nationals were sentenced by a fast track court here to five years rigorous imprisonment for non-possession of visa.
Additional Session Judge (Fast Track), RK Sahoo, while convicting the Bangladeshis yesterday also imposed a penalty of Rs 1,000 each for commission of the offence in 2007.
In the event of failure to pay the penalty amount, the foreign nationals would have to undergo additional jail term of three months.
The convicts are Arif Khan (26), Paus Khan (25), Md Abul Basar Mulla (31), Md Asadul Mulla (25) and Sk Zahir (24).
The five had been arrested by Industrial police of Balasore on the charge of committing a dacoity and not possessing visa in May 2007.
While the five were punished for non-possession of visa, the court acquitted them from charges of dacoity due to lack of sufficient evidences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II