Five Bangladeshis sentenced to 5-year imprisonment
Balasore (Odisha): Five Bangladeshi nationals were sentenced by a fast track court here to five years rigorous imprisonment for non-possession of visa.
Additional Session Judge (Fast Track), RK Sahoo, while convicting the Bangladeshis yesterday also imposed a penalty of Rs 1,000 each for commission of the offence in 2007.
In the event of failure to pay the penalty amount, the foreign nationals would have to undergo additional jail term of three months.
The convicts are Arif Khan (26), Paus Khan (25), Md Abul Basar Mulla (31), Md Asadul Mulla (25) and Sk Zahir (24).
The five had been arrested by Industrial police of Balasore on the charge of committing a dacoity and not possessing visa in May 2007.
While the five were punished for non-possession of visa, the court acquitted them from charges of dacoity due to lack of sufficient evidences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them