Five Bangladeshis sentenced to 5-year imprisonment
Balasore (Odisha): Five Bangladeshi nationals were sentenced by a fast track court here to five years rigorous imprisonment for non-possession of visa.
Additional Session Judge (Fast Track), RK Sahoo, while convicting the Bangladeshis yesterday also imposed a penalty of Rs 1,000 each for commission of the offence in 2007.
In the event of failure to pay the penalty amount, the foreign nationals would have to undergo additional jail term of three months.
The convicts are Arif Khan (26), Paus Khan (25), Md Abul Basar Mulla (31), Md Asadul Mulla (25) and Sk Zahir (24).
The five had been arrested by Industrial police of Balasore on the charge of committing a dacoity and not possessing visa in May 2007.
While the five were punished for non-possession of visa, the court acquitted them from charges of dacoity due to lack of sufficient evidences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan