Five constables face disciplinary action
Rourkela: Five constables of Koida police station in Sundargarh district were suspended for dereliction and negligence of duty.
Police said all five constables had been deputed in an escort party with one arrested criminal, Sudhir Nayak (23), to Bonai on Tuesday to produce him before a court.
The escort party was also to raid a hideout of a criminal gang after disclosure by Sudhir and arrest his associates in a dacoity case and also to recover the stolen
However, the arrested criminal, Sudhir managed to escape before his production in a court due to "negligence" of the five constables, police said.
Rourkela Superintendent of Police (SP) Himansu Lal took the action yesterday suspending all five constable after a department enquiry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India may approach Britain on bringing back Kohinoor
- HILARIOUS! Harbhajan Singh posts EDITED picture of Indian cricketers – Pic inside!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read