Five constables face disciplinary action
Rourkela: Five constables of Koida police station in Sundargarh district were suspended for dereliction and negligence of duty.
Police said all five constables had been deputed in an escort party with one arrested criminal, Sudhir Nayak (23), to Bonai on Tuesday to produce him before a court.
The escort party was also to raid a hideout of a criminal gang after disclosure by Sudhir and arrest his associates in a dacoity case and also to recover the stolen
However, the arrested criminal, Sudhir managed to escape before his production in a court due to "negligence" of the five constables, police said.
Rourkela Superintendent of Police (SP) Himansu Lal took the action yesterday suspending all five constable after a department enquiry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!