Five constables face disciplinary action
Rourkela: Five constables of Koida police station in Sundargarh district were suspended for dereliction and negligence of duty.
Police said all five constables had been deputed in an escort party with one arrested criminal, Sudhir Nayak (23), to Bonai on Tuesday to produce him before a court.
The escort party was also to raid a hideout of a criminal gang after disclosure by Sudhir and arrest his associates in a dacoity case and also to recover the stolen
However, the arrested criminal, Sudhir managed to escape before his production in a court due to "negligence" of the five constables, police said.
Rourkela Superintendent of Police (SP) Himansu Lal took the action yesterday suspending all five constable after a department enquiry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption