Five constables face disciplinary action
Rourkela: Five constables of Koida police station in Sundargarh district were suspended for dereliction and negligence of duty.
Police said all five constables had been deputed in an escort party with one arrested criminal, Sudhir Nayak (23), to Bonai on Tuesday to produce him before a court.
The escort party was also to raid a hideout of a criminal gang after disclosure by Sudhir and arrest his associates in a dacoity case and also to recover the stolen
However, the arrested criminal, Sudhir managed to escape before his production in a court due to "negligence" of the five constables, police said.
Rourkela Superintendent of Police (SP) Himansu Lal took the action yesterday suspending all five constable after a department enquiry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon