Five killed in two separate road mishaps in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: At least five persons including three women were killed and 26 others were injured in two separate road mishaps in Odisha on Tuesday, police said.
While three women were killed and 15 others were injured as the mini-bus in which they were travelling in overturned in Ganjam district, two died on the spot and 11 others sustained injuries as their vehicle rammed against a stationary truck in Jajpur district.
In Ganjam district, the accident took place at Rajapur under Purushottampur police station limit, about 40-km from Berhampur town. The deceased were identified as Pari Nayak (30) of Jarada, Tulasi Badatya (12) of Kharidapadara village. The third one was yet to be identified, said officer in charge, Purushottampur police station Ambika Beniya.
The injured persons were admitted at Purushottampur hospital, she said
The over crowded Aska-bound minibus was travelling from Purushottampur when it met with the accident.
Thirty-two year-old Mahendra Behuria and Mohan Jena (30) of Paramandapur village died and 11 others were injured seriously when the vehicle in which they were travelling rammed into a stationary truck near Kaudikhole on Daitary-Paradeep express highway in Jajpur district in the wee hours today, police said.
Police said the two died on the spot and the injured were admitted to SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack.
The marriage party was on way back to Barapada under Bari police station limits from Bhubanpur village after attending a wedding. The vehicle was carrying 12 people excluding the driver and hit the truck at around 4.30 am.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview