Five killed in two separate road mishaps in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: At least five persons including three women were killed and 26 others were injured in two separate road mishaps in Odisha on Tuesday, police said.
While three women were killed and 15 others were injured as the mini-bus in which they were travelling in overturned in Ganjam district, two died on the spot and 11 others sustained injuries as their vehicle rammed against a stationary truck in Jajpur district.
In Ganjam district, the accident took place at Rajapur under Purushottampur police station limit, about 40-km from Berhampur town. The deceased were identified as Pari Nayak (30) of Jarada, Tulasi Badatya (12) of Kharidapadara village. The third one was yet to be identified, said officer in charge, Purushottampur police station Ambika Beniya.
The injured persons were admitted at Purushottampur hospital, she said
The over crowded Aska-bound minibus was travelling from Purushottampur when it met with the accident.
Thirty-two year-old Mahendra Behuria and Mohan Jena (30) of Paramandapur village died and 11 others were injured seriously when the vehicle in which they were travelling rammed into a stationary truck near Kaudikhole on Daitary-Paradeep express highway in Jajpur district in the wee hours today, police said.
Police said the two died on the spot and the injured were admitted to SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack.
The marriage party was on way back to Barapada under Bari police station limits from Bhubanpur village after attending a wedding. The vehicle was carrying 12 people excluding the driver and hit the truck at around 4.30 am.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM