Five Maoists arrested in Odisha
Koraput: At least five Maoist
ultras, involved in around 10 murders and several Naxal offensives in Odisha`s Koraput district, were on Saturday arrested by a joint team of police and BSF personnel.
The arrested Naxals were working for the Srikakulam- Koraput division of the outlawed CPI (Maoist) for the past several years and were apprehended near China Sabdam forest area last night, police said.
"These people were in our wanted list since long for their direct involvement in several murders in between March 2010 and July 2013 on charges of being police informers. They had unleashed terror in the area and were in the armed squad of the Maoists," said SP (Koraput) Awinash Kumar.
During interrogation, the arrested Naxals confessed to have committed murders and a series of other violence in Narayanpatna and Bandhugaon area which has taken place in past two years, the SP said.
"They had confessed to torching a mobile tower at Bandhugaon and participating in road blocking and feeling trees at the time of Maoists bandh call in the area," he said.
The arrested members have been identified as Abhi Pidika, Bulu Pidika, Adana Meleka, Chekiti Prasad and Jetu Meleka, all residents under Bandhugaon police limits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Congress seeks disqualification of MLCs who defected to TRS
- IIFA 2016: Salman Khan, Deepika Padukone have a gala time! SEE pic
- After Brexit victory, India says will strive to strengthen ties with UK, EU both
- Tusk says EU `determined to keep our unity as 27` after Brexit
- Brexit: London stock market plunges 8.0%