Five Maoists surrender in Orissa
Jajpur: Five Maoists on Saturday
surrendered before the police in Orissa`s Jajpur district,
Led by Suraj alias Jandhar Hembram, `Area Commander`
of Kalinganagar, the rebels appeared before the police,
expressing their intention to abjure violence, D S Kuttey,
Superintendent of Police said.
The Maoists were involved in several crimes in the
district, he said.
Police said the ultras decided to give up arms as they
were disillusioned with the activities of Maoists.
The five have been identified as Suraj of Kaliapani
village, Sanjur alias Selay of Baligotha village, Bijay (19)
and his wife Lata of Kaliapani village, Tirky Tudu (18) of
They surrendered without any arms, Kuttey said,
adding, efforts would be made to bring them to the mainstream
as per government`s policies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!