Five Maoists surrender in Orissa
Jajpur: Five Maoists on Saturday
surrendered before the police in Orissa`s Jajpur district,
Led by Suraj alias Jandhar Hembram, `Area Commander`
of Kalinganagar, the rebels appeared before the police,
expressing their intention to abjure violence, D S Kuttey,
Superintendent of Police said.
The Maoists were involved in several crimes in the
district, he said.
Police said the ultras decided to give up arms as they
were disillusioned with the activities of Maoists.
The five have been identified as Suraj of Kaliapani
village, Sanjur alias Selay of Baligotha village, Bijay (19)
and his wife Lata of Kaliapani village, Tirky Tudu (18) of
They surrendered without any arms, Kuttey said,
adding, efforts would be made to bring them to the mainstream
as per government`s policies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands