‘Five ministers, 8 BJD MLAs linked to ponzi scam i
Berhampur: Ridiculing the ruling BJD`s Delhi rally, Odisha Jan Morcha on Monday claimed that five ministers and eight ruling party MLAs were involved in the multi-crore chitfund scam in the state.
"At least five ministers and eight MLAs of the ruling party were involved in the chit fund scam. The Swabhiman rally at New Delhi is to divert the attention of the public from the burning issue", OJM president and Rajya Sabha MP Pyarimohan Mohapatra said while addressing a gathering here.
Taking a dig at the ruling party led by Naveen Patnaik, the OJM leader said that people were duped of thousands of crores of rupees by the ponzi companies which grew at the patronage of the BJD leaders.
On the BJD`s Delhi rally, Mohapatra said, "If the rally at New Delhi was organised to mount pressure on the Centre to get the special category status for Odisha, why the ruling party did not take others as they too had supported a resolution passed in this context."
It is only a political gimmick keeping an eye on the next elections, Mohapatra said adding that the state could earn an additional Rs 4,000 crore to Rs 5,000 crore if rate of royalty on minerals were raised suitably.
OJM vice president and former MLA Rajendra Singh demanded the fiscal autonomy for the state.
Asking the state government to make names of the politicians, ministers and MLAs public and their role in promoting ponzi companies, Mohapatra demanded an impartial inquiry into the matter.
The depositors` money should be distributed among the investors by confiscating property of the officials of the dubious companies immediately, he demanded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video