‘Five ministers, 8 BJD MLAs linked to ponzi scam i
Berhampur: Ridiculing the ruling BJD`s Delhi rally, Odisha Jan Morcha on Monday claimed that five ministers and eight ruling party MLAs were involved in the multi-crore chitfund scam in the state.
"At least five ministers and eight MLAs of the ruling party were involved in the chit fund scam. The Swabhiman rally at New Delhi is to divert the attention of the public from the burning issue", OJM president and Rajya Sabha MP Pyarimohan Mohapatra said while addressing a gathering here.
Taking a dig at the ruling party led by Naveen Patnaik, the OJM leader said that people were duped of thousands of crores of rupees by the ponzi companies which grew at the patronage of the BJD leaders.
On the BJD`s Delhi rally, Mohapatra said, "If the rally at New Delhi was organised to mount pressure on the Centre to get the special category status for Odisha, why the ruling party did not take others as they too had supported a resolution passed in this context."
It is only a political gimmick keeping an eye on the next elections, Mohapatra said adding that the state could earn an additional Rs 4,000 crore to Rs 5,000 crore if rate of royalty on minerals were raised suitably.
OJM vice president and former MLA Rajendra Singh demanded the fiscal autonomy for the state.
Asking the state government to make names of the politicians, ministers and MLAs public and their role in promoting ponzi companies, Mohapatra demanded an impartial inquiry into the matter.
The depositors` money should be distributed among the investors by confiscating property of the officials of the dubious companies immediately, he demanded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM