Five women and two children missing after boat capsize
Koraput: At least seven persons - five women and two children - went missing after the boat in which they were traveling capsized in a water reservoir in
Orissa`s Koraput district on Sunday, police said.
The boat carrying 12 persons from Pujariput village under Lamtaput block was on its way to Jolahonjar, about 60 Km from here, when it lost balance and capsized in Kolab reservoir, they said.
While five persons, including two women, swam to safety, seven others went missing in the reservoir, police said, adding that two children and five women were among those missing.
Personnel of Orissa Disaster Rapid Action Force (ODRAF) from Koraput and fire brigade from Jeypore along with local fishermen and volunteers conducted rescue and search operation in the reservoir to trace those missing, Superintendent of Police (Koraput) Anup Kumar Sahu said.
However, the operation was suspended after evening and would resume tomorrow, he said.
The mishap took place when the villagers were proceeding to attend a function at a place across the water body, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened