Former minister threatens self-immolation
Balasore: A former Odisha minister was taken into preventive custody on Thursday for threatening self-immolation on the demand for establishment of a government medical college, police sources said.
The former minister, Bhupal Chandra Mahapatra, had threatened self-immolation before the Balasore district collector`s office, the sources said.
Mahapatra was a minister of state for forest and environment and later labour & employment between 1985 and 1990 during Congress rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Live cricket score, live streaming: 2nd ODI - England v Pakistan at Lord's
- Acute Zika infection may damage sensory nerves
- Day after being sacked as AAP's Punjab convener, Sucha Singh Chhotepur calls for CBI probe
- Coal scam: Ex-Coal Secy says, don't want advocate whose fee I cannot pay; will face trial from jail
- Japan PM pledges to invest $ 30 billion in Africa by 2018