Former minister threatens self-immolation
Balasore: A former Odisha minister was taken into preventive custody on Thursday for threatening self-immolation on the demand for establishment of a government medical college, police sources said.
The former minister, Bhupal Chandra Mahapatra, had threatened self-immolation before the Balasore district collector`s office, the sources said.
Mahapatra was a minister of state for forest and environment and later labour & employment between 1985 and 1990 during Congress rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users