Former Nepal king Gyanendra attends wedding in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: Nepal`s former King
Gyanendra Shah attended a marriage of the son of a minister of
the Naveen Patanik government in Orissa last night.
The bride Rajasree Bhanja Deo and her father, Praveen
Chandra Bhanja Deo of the erstwhile Mayurbhanj royal family,
have family bonds with the former king.
Praveen Chandra Bhanja Deo is a member of the Naveen
Shah blessed newly married couple, Rajasree Bhanja Deo
and Jaisingh Tahore, scion of erstwhile Jhabua royal family in
The chief minister met the former Nepal king at the
The former king, his wife Komal and family have put up
at a luxury hotel here while the marriage reception was held
Gyanendra and Komal did not visit the Jagannath Temple
or any tourist spot in the state, sources said.
Though the former Nepal king was scheduled to visit
the Sun Temple at Konark on December 9, he did not as
President Pratibha Singh Patil`s was there that day.
Gyanendra and his family are scheduled to leave
Orissa tomorrow, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India