Former Nepal king Gyanendra attends wedding in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: Nepal`s former King
Gyanendra Shah attended a marriage of the son of a minister of
the Naveen Patanik government in Orissa last night.
The bride Rajasree Bhanja Deo and her father, Praveen
Chandra Bhanja Deo of the erstwhile Mayurbhanj royal family,
have family bonds with the former king.
Praveen Chandra Bhanja Deo is a member of the Naveen
Shah blessed newly married couple, Rajasree Bhanja Deo
and Jaisingh Tahore, scion of erstwhile Jhabua royal family in
The chief minister met the former Nepal king at the
The former king, his wife Komal and family have put up
at a luxury hotel here while the marriage reception was held
Gyanendra and Komal did not visit the Jagannath Temple
or any tourist spot in the state, sources said.
Though the former Nepal king was scheduled to visit
the Sun Temple at Konark on December 9, he did not as
President Pratibha Singh Patil`s was there that day.
Gyanendra and his family are scheduled to leave
Orissa tomorrow, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi