Former Nepal king Gyanendra attends wedding in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: Nepal`s former King
Gyanendra Shah attended a marriage of the son of a minister of
the Naveen Patanik government in Orissa last night.
The bride Rajasree Bhanja Deo and her father, Praveen
Chandra Bhanja Deo of the erstwhile Mayurbhanj royal family,
have family bonds with the former king.
Praveen Chandra Bhanja Deo is a member of the Naveen
Shah blessed newly married couple, Rajasree Bhanja Deo
and Jaisingh Tahore, scion of erstwhile Jhabua royal family in
The chief minister met the former Nepal king at the
The former king, his wife Komal and family have put up
at a luxury hotel here while the marriage reception was held
Gyanendra and Komal did not visit the Jagannath Temple
or any tourist spot in the state, sources said.
Though the former Nepal king was scheduled to visit
the Sun Temple at Konark on December 9, he did not as
President Pratibha Singh Patil`s was there that day.
Gyanendra and his family are scheduled to leave
Orissa tomorrow, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you