Former Odisha MLA dies
Bhubaneswar: Former Odisha MLA Manas Ranjan Mallick passed away at a private hospital here following renal failure.
He was 57.
Mallick, who died last night, is survived by his wife, two sons and a daughter, family sources said.
An MLA from coastal Dhamnagar segment in Bhadrak district twice, Mallick was first elected to Assembly in a by-election in 1990 as a Janata Dal candidate after death of his father Hrudananda Mallick.
Later, he was elected to the Assembly from Dhamnagar segment as an Independent candidate in 2000.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik condoled the death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Waterlogging, traffic jams in Delhi after rains
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi