Former Odisha MLA dies
Bhubaneswar: Former Odisha MLA Manas Ranjan Mallick passed away at a private hospital here following renal failure.
He was 57.
Mallick, who died last night, is survived by his wife, two sons and a daughter, family sources said.
An MLA from coastal Dhamnagar segment in Bhadrak district twice, Mallick was first elected to Assembly in a by-election in 1990 as a Janata Dal candidate after death of his father Hrudananda Mallick.
Later, he was elected to the Assembly from Dhamnagar segment as an Independent candidate in 2000.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik condoled the death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state