Former Odisha MLA dies
Bhubaneswar: Former Odisha MLA Manas Ranjan Mallick passed away at a private hospital here following renal failure.
He was 57.
Mallick, who died last night, is survived by his wife, two sons and a daughter, family sources said.
An MLA from coastal Dhamnagar segment in Bhadrak district twice, Mallick was first elected to Assembly in a by-election in 1990 as a Janata Dal candidate after death of his father Hrudananda Mallick.
Later, he was elected to the Assembly from Dhamnagar segment as an Independent candidate in 2000.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik condoled the death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Bodo outfits to restart statehood movement on August 30
- 92 paise insurance premium for train travellers from August 31
- Saina Nehwal drops four places to be no.9, status quo for PV Sindhu
- Mauritius to remain major FDI source till March 2019: Experts
- Abhinav Bindra to head NRAI review committee on Rio debacle