Former Odisha MLA dies
Bhubaneswar: Former Odisha MLA Manas Ranjan Mallick passed away at a private hospital here following renal failure.
He was 57.
Mallick, who died last night, is survived by his wife, two sons and a daughter, family sources said.
An MLA from coastal Dhamnagar segment in Bhadrak district twice, Mallick was first elected to Assembly in a by-election in 1990 as a Janata Dal candidate after death of his father Hrudananda Mallick.
Later, he was elected to the Assembly from Dhamnagar segment as an Independent candidate in 2000.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik condoled the death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot