Former Odisha MLA dies
Bhubaneswar: Former Odisha MLA Manas Ranjan Mallick passed away at a private hospital here following renal failure.
He was 57.
Mallick, who died last night, is survived by his wife, two sons and a daughter, family sources said.
An MLA from coastal Dhamnagar segment in Bhadrak district twice, Mallick was first elected to Assembly in a by-election in 1990 as a Janata Dal candidate after death of his father Hrudananda Mallick.
Later, he was elected to the Assembly from Dhamnagar segment as an Independent candidate in 2000.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik condoled the death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH