Four die, 7 ill by consuming liquor in Odisha
Cuttack: At least four persons died and
eight others fell ill after consuming spurious liquor in
different areas under Cuttack sadar police station limit in
Odisha, police said on Tuesday.
A group of about 20 persons had consumed the liquor and
complained of pain in chest and eyes last night. Many of them
were admitted to the SCB medical college hospital in critical
The four deceased included Baidhar Bhoi, owner of the
His son Benudhar Bhoi and his wife Malati were
State Excise Commissioner Sudarsan Nayak said "we
have seized a huge quantity of ayurvedic liquid mixture stored
at Bhoi`s liquor shop. Most of the deceased were suspected to
have consumed ayurvedic mixture available in the brand name of
`Jinger` and `Suravhi`."
Police and excise personnel were in search of other
people who had consumed liquor at Bhoi`s liquor shop last
night, he said.
All the victims were daily wage earners working in a
nearby brick kiln.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’