Four died of electrocution in Paradip
Paradip (Odisha): Four persons, including two women, died of electrocution and two others were seriously injured when they came in contact with a high tension electric wire in Jagatsinghpur district of Odisha, the police said on Tuesday.
The two women were sleeping in their house at Pahana village in Kujanga when an overhead wire fell on their house after getting snapped and one of them touched it.
The other woman tried to save her and too died of electrocution, the police said.
"On hearing the scream of other members present in the house, their neighbours attempted to stop the main switch but got died," inspector-in-charge of Kujanga police station Gupteswar Bhoi said.
All the six were taken to the nearby government hospital at Kujanga where four of them were declared brought dead. The injured including a child were undergoing treatment and their condition was stated to be critical.
The victims were identified as Koili Patnaik (70), Saraswati Patnaik (30), Kesaba Patnaik (60) and Pramod Patnaik (25).
Meanwhile, in protest against the incident, irate villagers today gheraoed the local electricity supply office and demanded compensation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official