Four died of electrocution in Paradip
Paradip (Odisha): Four persons, including two women, died of electrocution and two others were seriously injured when they came in contact with a high tension electric wire in Jagatsinghpur district of Odisha, the police said on Tuesday.
The two women were sleeping in their house at Pahana village in Kujanga when an overhead wire fell on their house after getting snapped and one of them touched it.
The other woman tried to save her and too died of electrocution, the police said.
"On hearing the scream of other members present in the house, their neighbours attempted to stop the main switch but got died," inspector-in-charge of Kujanga police station Gupteswar Bhoi said.
All the six were taken to the nearby government hospital at Kujanga where four of them were declared brought dead. The injured including a child were undergoing treatment and their condition was stated to be critical.
The victims were identified as Koili Patnaik (70), Saraswati Patnaik (30), Kesaba Patnaik (60) and Pramod Patnaik (25).
Meanwhile, in protest against the incident, irate villagers today gheraoed the local electricity supply office and demanded compensation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM