Four died of electrocution in Paradip
Paradip (Odisha): Four persons, including two women, died of electrocution and two others were seriously injured when they came in contact with a high tension electric wire in Jagatsinghpur district of Odisha, the police said on Tuesday.
The two women were sleeping in their house at Pahana village in Kujanga when an overhead wire fell on their house after getting snapped and one of them touched it.
The other woman tried to save her and too died of electrocution, the police said.
"On hearing the scream of other members present in the house, their neighbours attempted to stop the main switch but got died," inspector-in-charge of Kujanga police station Gupteswar Bhoi said.
All the six were taken to the nearby government hospital at Kujanga where four of them were declared brought dead. The injured including a child were undergoing treatment and their condition was stated to be critical.
The victims were identified as Koili Patnaik (70), Saraswati Patnaik (30), Kesaba Patnaik (60) and Pramod Patnaik (25).
Meanwhile, in protest against the incident, irate villagers today gheraoed the local electricity supply office and demanded compensation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Watch: How a bionic suit helped a paralyzed father make his daughter's wedding day memorable!
- Maoists kill LJP leader, brother in Bihar
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Sania Mirza, Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna enter French Open second round
- Panama probe independent of Bachchan's presence at Modi bash: Union Law Minister
- PM Modi congratulates new Kerala CM