Four feared washed away in flash flood in Odisha, one body found
Malkangiri: Police on Thursday retrieved body of a woman who was among the four persons washed away in the flash flood in river Orangi of Odisha`s Malkangiri district.
The woman was identified as Malati Goltoda (40) of Orangi village, the police said adding that whereabouts of three others could not be ascertained.
The three missing persons included Gopi Goltoda and his wife Srimati Golta. The name of the fourth person was not known, police said.
The four were reported to have been washed away in the flash flood while crossing the river yesterday.
Meanwhile, incessant rainfall caused havoc in the entire district with several roads being washed away by the flash flood in different places.
Washing away of Khairput-Mudulipada road has led to no communication with the habitations of Bonda tribals, a particularly vulnerable tribal group (PVTG).
The district has been experiencing heavy rainfall since three days, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'