Four feared washed away in flash flood in Odisha, one body found
Malkangiri: Police on Thursday retrieved body of a woman who was among the four persons washed away in the flash flood in river Orangi of Odisha`s Malkangiri district.
The woman was identified as Malati Goltoda (40) of Orangi village, the police said adding that whereabouts of three others could not be ascertained.
The three missing persons included Gopi Goltoda and his wife Srimati Golta. The name of the fourth person was not known, police said.
The four were reported to have been washed away in the flash flood while crossing the river yesterday.
Meanwhile, incessant rainfall caused havoc in the entire district with several roads being washed away by the flash flood in different places.
Washing away of Khairput-Mudulipada road has led to no communication with the habitations of Bonda tribals, a particularly vulnerable tribal group (PVTG).
The district has been experiencing heavy rainfall since three days, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- IPL 2016: Hilarious! When Umar Akmal congratulated David Warner-led SRH for winning Pakistan Super League
- London diaries: Saif Ali Khan, wifey Kareena Kapoor shopping at a departmental store – View pic
- I was told to slim down for 'Pearl Harbor': Kate Beckinsale
- Xiaomi launching Redmi 3A with 4,000mAh battery?
- Houston shooting: Two shot dead including suspect, six left wounded