Four feared washed away in flash flood in Odisha, one body found
Malkangiri: Police on Thursday retrieved body of a woman who was among the four persons washed away in the flash flood in river Orangi of Odisha`s Malkangiri district.
The woman was identified as Malati Goltoda (40) of Orangi village, the police said adding that whereabouts of three others could not be ascertained.
The three missing persons included Gopi Goltoda and his wife Srimati Golta. The name of the fourth person was not known, police said.
The four were reported to have been washed away in the flash flood while crossing the river yesterday.
Meanwhile, incessant rainfall caused havoc in the entire district with several roads being washed away by the flash flood in different places.
Washing away of Khairput-Mudulipada road has led to no communication with the habitations of Bonda tribals, a particularly vulnerable tribal group (PVTG).
The district has been experiencing heavy rainfall since three days, they said.
- GSGMC demands to remove DU book's chapter calling Bhagat Singh a terrorist
- Bizarre selfie craze: 15-year-old boy shoots self in Pathankot, lands in hospital
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video