Four feared washed away in flash flood in Odisha, one body found
Malkangiri: Police on Thursday retrieved body of a woman who was among the four persons washed away in the flash flood in river Orangi of Odisha`s Malkangiri district.
The woman was identified as Malati Goltoda (40) of Orangi village, the police said adding that whereabouts of three others could not be ascertained.
The three missing persons included Gopi Goltoda and his wife Srimati Golta. The name of the fourth person was not known, police said.
The four were reported to have been washed away in the flash flood while crossing the river yesterday.
Meanwhile, incessant rainfall caused havoc in the entire district with several roads being washed away by the flash flood in different places.
Washing away of Khairput-Mudulipada road has led to no communication with the habitations of Bonda tribals, a particularly vulnerable tribal group (PVTG).
The district has been experiencing heavy rainfall since three days, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened