Four held for burning to death Orissa executive
Bhubaneswar: At least four people have arrested for burning to death a steel factory executive in his vehicle in Orissa`s Bolangir district, police said on Friday.
They were arrested late Thursday, District Superintendent of Police AK Sarangi told a news agency. Efforts were on to nab the other 20-30 culprits, he added.
A group of workers on Thursday set ablaze the vehicle of RS Ray, deputy general manager of a private steel company Powmex Steels near Titilagarh town, about 400 km from here when he was on his way home for lunch.
The irate workers allegedly first asked the driver and another company employee who were in the same vehicle to come out. When they came out, the workers poured petrol and kerosene on the vehicle and set it on fire with Ray inside.
A few minutes later the plant`s security personnel rushed to the site and took Ray to a nearby hospital. He was shifted to Bolangir town where doctors declared him dead. Hospital doctor Usharani Das said Ray had suffered 90 percent burn injuries.
Sarangi said some workers were unhappy with Ray for serving them termination notices on Wednesday. The killing has been denounced by a state industry body that has also demanded protection for industries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Congress comes out with scathing 'report card' on PM Narendra Modi's 1yr rule