Four held for burning to death Orissa executive
Bhubaneswar: At least four people have arrested for burning to death a steel factory executive in his vehicle in Orissa`s Bolangir district, police said on Friday.
They were arrested late Thursday, District Superintendent of Police AK Sarangi told a news agency. Efforts were on to nab the other 20-30 culprits, he added.
A group of workers on Thursday set ablaze the vehicle of RS Ray, deputy general manager of a private steel company Powmex Steels near Titilagarh town, about 400 km from here when he was on his way home for lunch.
The irate workers allegedly first asked the driver and another company employee who were in the same vehicle to come out. When they came out, the workers poured petrol and kerosene on the vehicle and set it on fire with Ray inside.
A few minutes later the plant`s security personnel rushed to the site and took Ray to a nearby hospital. He was shifted to Bolangir town where doctors declared him dead. Hospital doctor Usharani Das said Ray had suffered 90 percent burn injuries.
Sarangi said some workers were unhappy with Ray for serving them termination notices on Wednesday. The killing has been denounced by a state industry body that has also demanded protection for industries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption