Four held in fake currency notes racket in Odisha
Bargarh (Odisha): At least four of a gang involved in a fake currency racket were arrested in Odisha`s Bargarh district and counterfeit notes with a total face value of Rs 49,000 were seized from them, police said Sunday.
Based on a tip off, police conducted raids Saturday in the Kendubhata area of Bargarh district. The district headquarters town of the district is about 380 km from state capital Bhubaneswar.
Police initially arrested one person after he was found possessing some fake notes.
During interrogation, police found that three others had been helping the arrested man in the printing of the fake notes and their circulation in the local market, police officer Parul Gupta told a news agency.
The printing unit was located in Khairpali, about 100 km from Kendubhata.
Police raided the printing unit and seized two computers, scanners, a printer and other equipment used for producing the fake notes. The three other men involved in the racket were also arrested, the officer said.
The fake notes seized were mostly of Rs.100 denomination.
Police were investigating if more persons were involved in the crime.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists