Four held in fake currency notes racket in Odisha
Bargarh (Odisha): At least four of a gang involved in a fake currency racket were arrested in Odisha`s Bargarh district and counterfeit notes with a total face value of Rs 49,000 were seized from them, police said Sunday.
Based on a tip off, police conducted raids Saturday in the Kendubhata area of Bargarh district. The district headquarters town of the district is about 380 km from state capital Bhubaneswar.
Police initially arrested one person after he was found possessing some fake notes.
During interrogation, police found that three others had been helping the arrested man in the printing of the fake notes and their circulation in the local market, police officer Parul Gupta told a news agency.
The printing unit was located in Khairpali, about 100 km from Kendubhata.
Police raided the printing unit and seized two computers, scanners, a printer and other equipment used for producing the fake notes. The three other men involved in the racket were also arrested, the officer said.
The fake notes seized were mostly of Rs.100 denomination.
Police were investigating if more persons were involved in the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing