Four held in fake currency notes racket in Odisha
Bargarh (Odisha): At least four of a gang involved in a fake currency racket were arrested in Odisha`s Bargarh district and counterfeit notes with a total face value of Rs 49,000 were seized from them, police said Sunday.
Based on a tip off, police conducted raids Saturday in the Kendubhata area of Bargarh district. The district headquarters town of the district is about 380 km from state capital Bhubaneswar.
Police initially arrested one person after he was found possessing some fake notes.
During interrogation, police found that three others had been helping the arrested man in the printing of the fake notes and their circulation in the local market, police officer Parul Gupta told a news agency.
The printing unit was located in Khairpali, about 100 km from Kendubhata.
Police raided the printing unit and seized two computers, scanners, a printer and other equipment used for producing the fake notes. The three other men involved in the racket were also arrested, the officer said.
The fake notes seized were mostly of Rs.100 denomination.
Police were investigating if more persons were involved in the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Over 600 young leaders recruited by Rahul Gandhi but not given any responsibilities yet: Report
- Afghan Taliban sources confirm death of leader in US attack
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests