Four killed in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Four people, including a woman and a six-year-old boy, were killed while two other people went missing in weather-related incidents in Odisha early Sunday, police said.
Five incidents were reported from Jharsuguda district.
A woman died when a country boat carrying her and other family members capsized in the Hirakud reservoir when a nor`wester lashed the region. Her husband and daughter, however, managed to survive, Superintendent of Police S. Shyni told IANS.
The incident occurred in Rengali, over 300 km from state capital Bhubaneswar.
Another man died when his small fishing boat capsized in the same reservoir near Lakhanpur. A man who accompanied him is missing.
A man was struck by lighting and died in a village in the same district. A six-year-old boy died when a branch of a mango tree fell on him, police said.
In yet another incident, a fisherman went missing after his boat capsized in Hirakud reservoir in Biren Bandh area in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach