Four killed in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Four people, including a woman and a six-year-old boy, were killed while two other people went missing in weather-related incidents in Odisha early Sunday, police said.
Five incidents were reported from Jharsuguda district.
A woman died when a country boat carrying her and other family members capsized in the Hirakud reservoir when a nor`wester lashed the region. Her husband and daughter, however, managed to survive, Superintendent of Police S. Shyni told IANS.
The incident occurred in Rengali, over 300 km from state capital Bhubaneswar.
Another man died when his small fishing boat capsized in the same reservoir near Lakhanpur. A man who accompanied him is missing.
A man was struck by lighting and died in a village in the same district. A six-year-old boy died when a branch of a mango tree fell on him, police said.
In yet another incident, a fisherman went missing after his boat capsized in Hirakud reservoir in Biren Bandh area in the district.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani