Four killed in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Four people, including a woman and a six-year-old boy, were killed while two other people went missing in weather-related incidents in Odisha early Sunday, police said.
Five incidents were reported from Jharsuguda district.
A woman died when a country boat carrying her and other family members capsized in the Hirakud reservoir when a nor`wester lashed the region. Her husband and daughter, however, managed to survive, Superintendent of Police S. Shyni told IANS.
The incident occurred in Rengali, over 300 km from state capital Bhubaneswar.
Another man died when his small fishing boat capsized in the same reservoir near Lakhanpur. A man who accompanied him is missing.
A man was struck by lighting and died in a village in the same district. A six-year-old boy died when a branch of a mango tree fell on him, police said.
In yet another incident, a fisherman went missing after his boat capsized in Hirakud reservoir in Biren Bandh area in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list