Four Maoists arrested in Odisha
Bolangir: Four Maoists, including a panchayat samiti member providing logistics and support to cadres in Chhattisgarh, were arrested from Odisha`s Bolangir district, police sources said on Saturday.
The Maoists identified as Ramsingh Bariah, Samiti Member of Tureikela panchayat, his two sons Debaraj and Ganesh and another person Tulasiram Jagat were arrested on Friday at Badkelu under Tureikela police station, DIG of Police Sanjay Kumar said.
Rs 1.5 lakh cash was seized from them, he said.
During on-going operations against Maoists in Bolangir district, the police received information that two hardcore ultras were posing as civilians in a village and providing logistics and support to cadres in Chhattisgarh, Kumar said.
Stating that they visited Maoist camps in Chhattisgarh, the police officer said adding, they were also trying to create base support in Khaprakhol, Turekela, Lathor and adjoining areas in the district.
They were collecting money from local people, advasis, businessmen and contractors, he said.
According to police, the four arrested were also instrumental in burning a kendu leaf godown and other activities in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city