Four Maoists arrested in Odisha
Bolangir: Four Maoists, including a panchayat samiti member providing logistics and support to cadres in Chhattisgarh, were arrested from Odisha`s Bolangir district, police sources said on Saturday.
The Maoists identified as Ramsingh Bariah, Samiti Member of Tureikela panchayat, his two sons Debaraj and Ganesh and another person Tulasiram Jagat were arrested on Friday at Badkelu under Tureikela police station, DIG of Police Sanjay Kumar said.
Rs 1.5 lakh cash was seized from them, he said.
During on-going operations against Maoists in Bolangir district, the police received information that two hardcore ultras were posing as civilians in a village and providing logistics and support to cadres in Chhattisgarh, Kumar said.
Stating that they visited Maoist camps in Chhattisgarh, the police officer said adding, they were also trying to create base support in Khaprakhol, Turekela, Lathor and adjoining areas in the district.
They were collecting money from local people, advasis, businessmen and contractors, he said.
According to police, the four arrested were also instrumental in burning a kendu leaf godown and other activities in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'