Four Maoists arrested in Odisha
Bolangir: Four Maoists, including a panchayat samiti member providing logistics and support to cadres in Chhattisgarh, were arrested from Odisha`s Bolangir district, police sources said on Saturday.
The Maoists identified as Ramsingh Bariah, Samiti Member of Tureikela panchayat, his two sons Debaraj and Ganesh and another person Tulasiram Jagat were arrested on Friday at Badkelu under Tureikela police station, DIG of Police Sanjay Kumar said.
Rs 1.5 lakh cash was seized from them, he said.
During on-going operations against Maoists in Bolangir district, the police received information that two hardcore ultras were posing as civilians in a village and providing logistics and support to cadres in Chhattisgarh, Kumar said.
Stating that they visited Maoist camps in Chhattisgarh, the police officer said adding, they were also trying to create base support in Khaprakhol, Turekela, Lathor and adjoining areas in the district.
They were collecting money from local people, advasis, businessmen and contractors, he said.
According to police, the four arrested were also instrumental in burning a kendu leaf godown and other activities in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'