Four Maoists arrested in Odisha
Bolangir: Four Maoists, including a panchayat samiti member providing logistics and support to cadres in Chhattisgarh, were arrested from Odisha`s Bolangir district, police sources said on Saturday.
The Maoists identified as Ramsingh Bariah, Samiti Member of Tureikela panchayat, his two sons Debaraj and Ganesh and another person Tulasiram Jagat were arrested on Friday at Badkelu under Tureikela police station, DIG of Police Sanjay Kumar said.
Rs 1.5 lakh cash was seized from them, he said.
During on-going operations against Maoists in Bolangir district, the police received information that two hardcore ultras were posing as civilians in a village and providing logistics and support to cadres in Chhattisgarh, Kumar said.
Stating that they visited Maoist camps in Chhattisgarh, the police officer said adding, they were also trying to create base support in Khaprakhol, Turekela, Lathor and adjoining areas in the district.
They were collecting money from local people, advasis, businessmen and contractors, he said.
According to police, the four arrested were also instrumental in burning a kendu leaf godown and other activities in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader