Four Maoists surrender in Odisha
Malkangiri: Four Maoists including a woman surrendered before the police in Odisha`s Malkangiri district on Tuesday due to disillusionment with the ultras and ill health.
Paleswari alias Bhine (28), Santosh Khara alias Samara (33), Ratu Golori (29) and Bhagaban Hansda (25), surrendered before Malkangiri Superintendent of Police, Akhileswar Singh.
Woman maoist Paleswari of Laxmipuram village, who was working under Motu Kalimkela dalam since 2006, was involved in several encounters with security forces and other violence, Singh said adding she surrendered as she was fed up with the activities of the red rebels and due to ill health.
Santosh, who hails from Chitrakonda cut off area, was also in Kalimela dalam since 2006, police said adding he was involved in abduction the then Malkangiri district Collector, Vineel Krishna in 2011.
Similarly, Ratu Golori and Bhagaban Hansda were involved in extortion and other offences. They worked under Korkunda maoist dalam, Podulguma dalam and pedabailu dalam, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Jasprit Bumrah jumps to career best No. 2 spot in ICC T20I Rankings
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning
- Now recharge your body and phone with KFC's 'Watt a Box' meal!- Watch
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid