Four Maoists surrender in Odisha
Malkangiri: Four Maoists including a woman surrendered before the police in Odisha`s Malkangiri district on Tuesday due to disillusionment with the ultras and ill health.
Paleswari alias Bhine (28), Santosh Khara alias Samara (33), Ratu Golori (29) and Bhagaban Hansda (25), surrendered before Malkangiri Superintendent of Police, Akhileswar Singh.
Woman maoist Paleswari of Laxmipuram village, who was working under Motu Kalimkela dalam since 2006, was involved in several encounters with security forces and other violence, Singh said adding she surrendered as she was fed up with the activities of the red rebels and due to ill health.
Santosh, who hails from Chitrakonda cut off area, was also in Kalimela dalam since 2006, police said adding he was involved in abduction the then Malkangiri district Collector, Vineel Krishna in 2011.
Similarly, Ratu Golori and Bhagaban Hansda were involved in extortion and other offences. They worked under Korkunda maoist dalam, Podulguma dalam and pedabailu dalam, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH