Four Maoists surrender in Odisha
Malkangiri: Four Maoists including a woman surrendered before the police in Odisha`s Malkangiri district on Tuesday due to disillusionment with the ultras and ill health.
Paleswari alias Bhine (28), Santosh Khara alias Samara (33), Ratu Golori (29) and Bhagaban Hansda (25), surrendered before Malkangiri Superintendent of Police, Akhileswar Singh.
Woman maoist Paleswari of Laxmipuram village, who was working under Motu Kalimkela dalam since 2006, was involved in several encounters with security forces and other violence, Singh said adding she surrendered as she was fed up with the activities of the red rebels and due to ill health.
Santosh, who hails from Chitrakonda cut off area, was also in Kalimela dalam since 2006, police said adding he was involved in abduction the then Malkangiri district Collector, Vineel Krishna in 2011.
Similarly, Ratu Golori and Bhagaban Hansda were involved in extortion and other offences. They worked under Korkunda maoist dalam, Podulguma dalam and pedabailu dalam, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?