Four missing as boat capsizes in Odisha`s Indravati reservoir
Bhawanipatna: At least four persons were missing when a boat ferrying them capsized in Indravati reservoir in Odisha`s Kalahandi district Wednesday, police said.
A country boat, carrying six persons, was on its way from Patepadar to Kanasakuli under Thuamul-Rampur police station limits when it capsized after the boatman lost control, said Kalahandi District Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Dinajan Nayak.
While two persons managed to swim ashore, there was no trace of the four others, the ASP said.
"We have launched a search operation to trace the remaining four persons in the reservoir," the ASP said, adding, rescue operation is going on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa