Four missing as boat capsizes in Odisha`s Indravati reservoir
Bhawanipatna: At least four persons were missing when a boat ferrying them capsized in Indravati reservoir in Odisha`s Kalahandi district Wednesday, police said.
A country boat, carrying six persons, was on its way from Patepadar to Kanasakuli under Thuamul-Rampur police station limits when it capsized after the boatman lost control, said Kalahandi District Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Dinajan Nayak.
While two persons managed to swim ashore, there was no trace of the four others, the ASP said.
"We have launched a search operation to trace the remaining four persons in the reservoir," the ASP said, adding, rescue operation is going on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Major water crisis in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula - Know reason behind it
- Two Mexican kidnappers sentenced to 520 years in prison