Four more arrested for smuggling ore in Bhubaneswar
Bhubaneswar: Four more people have been arrested in Orissa`s Keonjhar district for smuggling ore to other states, taking this month`s arrests for the crime to 25, an official said Thursday.
"We have arrested four more people from Barbil and Joda areas. They were involved in smuggling iron and manganese ore," district Superintendent of Police AK Singh told reporters.
The smugglers arrested Wednesday are Mohammad Nishad, Antaryami Apat, Sanjay Apat and Subodh Kumar Das.
Investigations into illegal mining in Orissa began after some politicians alleged in July that some mines were operating without licences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway