Four more arrested for smuggling ore in Bhubaneswar
Bhubaneswar: Four more people have been arrested in Orissa`s Keonjhar district for smuggling ore to other states, taking this month`s arrests for the crime to 25, an official said Thursday.
"We have arrested four more people from Barbil and Joda areas. They were involved in smuggling iron and manganese ore," district Superintendent of Police AK Singh told reporters.
The smugglers arrested Wednesday are Mohammad Nishad, Antaryami Apat, Sanjay Apat and Subodh Kumar Das.
Investigations into illegal mining in Orissa began after some politicians alleged in July that some mines were operating without licences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly