Four officials of chit-fund company arrested in Odisha
Balasore: Four senior officials of a chit fund company were arrested on Sunday from Jaleswar in Balasore district of Odisha for allegedly duping investors, police said.
All the four persons had come from West Bengal yesterday to Jaleswar when police got information about their visit to the town and arrested them, a senior police official said.
Criminal cases are pending against the four ponzi company officials in Baliapal police station in Balasore district in connection with irregularities and alleged cheating of people, he said.
The four were identified as Milan Kumar Banerjee, Senior General Manager, Bidyut Kumar Bala, General Manager, Sudhir Chandra Bera and Sumit Dasgupta, executives of Roofers Infrastructure and Investment company, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year