Four officials of chit-fund company arrested in Odisha
Balasore: Four senior officials of a chit fund company were arrested on Sunday from Jaleswar in Balasore district of Odisha for allegedly duping investors, police said.
All the four persons had come from West Bengal yesterday to Jaleswar when police got information about their visit to the town and arrested them, a senior police official said.
Criminal cases are pending against the four ponzi company officials in Baliapal police station in Balasore district in connection with irregularities and alleged cheating of people, he said.
The four were identified as Milan Kumar Banerjee, Senior General Manager, Bidyut Kumar Bala, General Manager, Sudhir Chandra Bera and Sumit Dasgupta, executives of Roofers Infrastructure and Investment company, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win